Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Celebrating the Difference

When I was younger I remember asking my mom to define worship for me. We talked from a number of directions and as the conversation was winding down she turned from the kitchen sink and said, "Tim, worship is simple. It's celebrating the difference. When we recognize who God is and then recognize who we are we realize there is a difference and can't help but celebrate. Worship is simply celebrating that difference."

I have always remembered that definition and in fact talked about that at a recent BridgePoint worship experience. You can watch here.

I hope you have discovered who God really is. How big, mighty and awesome He is and out of that discovery, celebrated! Jesus said in John 4:23 that "a time is coming and has now come when true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks." Go out and celebrate the difference today!

No comments: