Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I Want To Be The One

About 15 or more years ago I had took a group of students to a summer camp in TN called Centrifuge. That particular week the worship leader was a young musician named Jami Smith. She wrote the great song "Your Love Is Deep."  One night she shared a simple little chorus with us. I'm not sure if she wrote it and if she did, if she ever published it. Here's how it goes...

I want to be the one, that you can count on.
I want to be the one, who's standing tall.
Do what you will, Father until,
I become the one.

Over the last few weeks It have found myself singing that little chorus over and over again. I think God is using it to prepare me for our upcoming worship series at BridgePoint. We are calling it "One." It's really more than a series. We are hoping to birth a movement. 

In the chorus it says "do what you will, Father until, I become the one." The question I am confronted with is am I willing to allow the Father to do whatever He wants with me, knowing that His desire for me is to become who He desires for me to be. Am I willing to make that one move, have that one conversation, take that one step, take that one risk and make that one change that will move me closer to Him and ultimately closer to becoming "the one?" The "one" that He can count on, depend on and use for His glory and purpose. In Ephesians Paul says it this way...

"For we are God's workmanship, created in
Christ Jesus to do good works, which God
prepared in advance for us to do."
Eph. 2:10

I really do want to be "the one." I want God to know He can count on me to be the one "standing tall," no matter what it costs. I want to do the "good works" that God as prepared for me to do but I first I need to become "the one" by making Him the One and allowing Him to do whatever He wills for my life. 

Am I willing? Are you willing? Our journey towards "One" begins with that question.

Tim

PS - Join in the conversation by sharing your "One" story at www.my1story.com .


1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.