Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A Week in the DR

This week I am with 25 people from my church in the Dominican Republic. We are working with an organization called Project Child that runs an orphanage in Santo Domingo called Casa de Luz. The main focus of Casa de Luz's outreach are the handicapped children often discarded by society here. We are working at the orphanage on a variety of projects. We are also working through out the area in hospital burn wards, maternity wards and in variety of the poorer communities in and around Santo Domingo.

As I sit here and reflect on all God is doing this week I am reminded of the opportunities given me 30+ years ago as I went on mission trips as a teen. I can only hope that God sparks in those here with me this week the same revelation He gave to me on those trips and that is that He could use me. Me, with all my past mistakes and flaws. That revelation was life changing. I am who and where I am because of that discovery.

I don't know about you, but I am constantly amazed at the fact that God takes ordinary people and does extra-ordinary things with their lives. It blows my mind that God wants to partner with me to reveal Himself to the world. 

I hope that same mind blowing truth happens to some of my friends here in the Dominican with me this week. I hope that they have the same type of life-changing experience that I had. I also hope that you all discover the extra-ordinary life God wants to provide for you. All it takes is you saying those two simple words, I Will...!

Whatever It Takes!
Tim

No comments: